SHORT PLAY LAB APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Playwrights should apply by midnight, September 30, 2017 by sending the following as email attachments, with the email Subject Line “Women’s Work Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a full resume, including specific information on your training as a writer (i.e. degree program, workshops, etc.)
- a 10-15 page writing sample from a playscript
- a personal statement explaining why you wish to be a part of the LAB, including goals for your own growth and development if selected
(Please note that ALL 3 items are required to be considered.)
Directors: A group of four to six directors is also chosen as part of the LAB. Directors commit to reading and commenting on all scripts before each meeting, and to being present at all monthly meetings, where consolidated feedback is given to each playwright. The short plays from the LAB are produced in “bare bones” productions in early August. Casting begins in June, with rehearsals in July. Decisions about who is directing which play are made by the directors as a group in May.
Directors should apply by August 31, 2017, sending as email attachments
- a directing resume
- contact information for three references
- a personal statement explaining why they wish to be part of the LAB
to email@example.com. The email Subject Line should read “WWP-Directors.” Please also include your website URL if you have one.
*Sculpture Commissioned for A Week of Women’s Work, 2003, created by Sabrina Stenswold